Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Serpent's Storm

Title: Serpent's Storm
Author: Amber Benson
Genre: Fantasy, Urban Fantasy
Publisher:  Ace
Publish Date:  February 22, 2011
Pages:  Paperback:  320
ISBN:  978-0441020096
Obtained:  Bought from local bookstore.
Synopsis: Calliope just wants to make it big in the Big Apple like any other working girl. But Callie is also Death's Daughter, no matter how much she tries to stay out of the family business. And now her older sister has made a deal with the Devil himself to engage in a hostile takeover of both Death Inc. and Heaven-once they get Callie out of the way.


Having read and enjoyed the first two books in this series I was looking forward to reading this book. I enjoy Callie's sense of humor and her magical family. And while I knew the book had been out for awhile I didn't get the chance to grab it until recently. Now I'm finished with the book I still enjoyed the series. Though something did throw me for a bit of a loop.

I'll admit the sudden direction change with the more mature rated scenes surprised me. Not that I think there's anything wrong with it. It's just the last two books didn't quite have that level of raunchiness in the whole of them that this book had. That isn't to say of course every scene has to do with sex. Only a couple of scenes and their fairly short. This isn't a Laurell K. Hamilton book  (Not that there's anything wrong with those books if you enjoy what their about.).

If that doesn't bother you, if you enjoyed the previous Calliope Jones books then you should still enjoy this book.
RATING: 9 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment