Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I am Pusheen the cat

Title: I am Pusheen the cat
Author:  Claire Belton
Genre:  Comics and Graphics
Publisher:  Touchstone
Publish Date:  October 29th, 2013
Pages:  192 pages (Kindle edition)
ISBN:  9781476747019
Obtained:  Review copy from Netgallery
Synopsis:  *Obtained from Netgallery*
Who is Pusheen? This collection of oh-so-cute kitty comics—featuring the chubby, tubby tabby who has taken the Internet by storm—will fill you in on all the basics.

Things you should know about Pusheen.

Birthday: February 18

Sex: Female

Where she lives: In the house, on the couch, underfoot

Her favorite pastime: Blogging, sleeping

Her best feature: Her toe beans

Her favorite food: All of them

Pusheen is a pleasantly plump cat who has warmed hearts and tickled funny bones of millions worldwide with her signature GIF animated bops, bounces, and tail wiggles. Now, Pusheen is ready to make the leap from digital to print in her first comic collection! Learn what makes her purr and find out why millions of people have already fallen in love with this naughty, adorable kitty. Featuring some of the most popular stories from Pusheen’s Tumblr and Facebook pages (plus a healthy serving of never-before-seen material), I Am Pusheen the Cat is a treat for cat lovers and comics fans alike.


As a Tumblr user I am familiar with the adorable styling of Pusheen. Normally a Pusheen post means an instant reblog. So learning there was a Pusheen book did make me smile. The point of this review though will ask if buying this book is a good purchase for you.

First I should talk about Pusheen herself for those unfamiliar with it. Pusheen is a series of mini comics   that are comprised mostly of minimal text but funny or adorable illustrations of the character Pusheen or friends. Pusheen is a gray cat that in the tradition of Garfield loves to eat and sleep. Though Pusheen does have her evil moments (I personally love Pusheens evil expression.) she nicer then Garfield.

I love Pusheen. But I also must be honest in my review and mention that there is really no new content in the book. That did lower my rating a little. Now the question remains if you should buy it. I think it depends.
If you are the type who likes having cute, illustrated books in your home you may want to buy the physical version for your coffee table. There is also the fact you would be supporting a budding artist if you do buy either version. Please consider those points before purchasing or not.

Now since I identify with Pusheen pretty well, I'm going to eat a cookie and take a nap.

RATING: 7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment