Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Marvel 1602: Spider-Man

Title: Marvel 1602: Spider-Man
Author:  Jeff Parker
Illustrator: Ramon Rosanas
Genre:  Comics and Graphics
Publisher:  Marvel
Publish Date:  May 26 2010
Pages:  Hardcover:  120
ISBN:  978-0785146032
Obtained:  Bought from Newbury Comics
Synopsis:  *Obtained from Amazon* A return to the acclaimed universe created by Neil Gaiman and Andy Kubert kicks off as The Spider has reached manhood in the New World! The young nation has grown peacefully, but Norman Osbourne's treachery finds a way to spoil the peace and put Peter's life on a new course - back to Europe. Jeff Parker [Agents of Atlas] joins artist Ramon Rosanas to begin the final story of the 1602 saga! Collects Spider-Man 1602 #1-5.


Spider-Man, Spider-Man does whatever a- Or is that Ye old Spider-Man, Ye old Spider-Man? I’m not funny. I know this. But I try. My poor attempts at humor aside I have read the original Marvel 1602 so I was fully aware of what kind of world I was in for. Pair that with the fact I thoroughly enjoy Spider-Man this was easily a smart purchase in the enjoyment area.

The story itself follows Peter (otherwise known as the Spider) starts his life in the new world. But very soon as if with these things life goes off track. Familiar villains and friends alike are once again introduced in different ways. Some with different forms. And as is with the original Marvel 1602 there are many references to more modern era storylines. I spied a particularly funny one to me to do with the Venom saga.

This collection is a good read and I would say worth your time and your money.
RATING: 7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment