Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Born to Blog: Building Your Blog for Personal and Business Success One Post at a Time.


Title: Born to Blog: Building Your Blog for Personal and Business Success One Post at a Time.
Author:  Mark Schaefer, Stanford Smith
Genre:  Non Fiction
Publisher:  McGraw-Hill Professional
Publish Date:  February 26th, 2013
Pages:  144 pages
ISBN:  9780071811163
Obtained:  Review copy obtained from Netgallery
Synopsis:  *obtained from Netgallery*
Launch a business and ignite a movement with a powerhouse blog!
Born to Blog is filled with practical, street-smart techniques and ideas to help you create and manage a winning business blog. Learn how to attract a loyal following, promote your blog, and write powerful content that generates new business.

People blog for many reasons.  Some like me just enjoy sharing their opinions. Ask my family how much I like to share my opinions.  Also like me some people have a lot of time on their hands. Please don’t ask my family about that one.
 Another good reason why people blog is to help create or supplement a business. This book is mainly for that set of people. With chapters on good company blogs for example.
There is good advice for the non-business group here though. So I wouldn’t say skip this book entirely if you aren’t in for business. If anything I think it’s certainly worth a read by any blogger. Admittedly the business group will get more out of some chapters then others. But as a small time blogger myself I did find some good advice that I will be taking for the future.
An informative read that isn’t bogged down by too much business or tech talk.
RATING: 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment